Univert 0.2.1 reviewDownload
Univert is a Universal Unicode Converter, at least as universal as the Unicode implementation in Tcl 8.
Univert is a Universal Unicode Converter, at least as universal as the Unicode implementation in Tcl 8.1 or later can manage on your computer.
Univert will convert interchangably between the following formats:
• Unicode - Native Apple Unicode.
• Hex - Hex bytes or words separated by spaces.
• Decimal - Decimal bytes or words separated by spaces.
• Entity - HTML entities, (eg )
• UTF-8/URL - Unicode URL.
• Printable - Quoted printable, using whatever the current encoding is.
• String - C string, using whatever the current encoding is.
Feel free to suggest other formats, if they're not obvious it'll be best if you can provide a reference for them.
The special encoding "none" allows you to generate raw Unicode strings. The
"quoted printable" format is not meaningful for raw Unicode strings containing
characters outside the range 0..255: use UTF-8 or an 8-bit character set. The
only use for this setting is to generate "C" strings for a native-unicode
You may need to tweak the fonts to get your Unicode text showing properly. If
you know a trick to automatically adjust the font for the character range, let
me know. Tcl doesn't return an error if it can't find a character, so I can't
do a trap on update to flush out failures. :(
Got way confused about encoding unicode entities like ?? ... fixed.
Univert 0.2.1 search tags