STARS 0.7.2a reviewDownload
STARS is an exploratory data analysis package designed for variables measured for geographical units over time.
STARS is an exploratory data analysis package designed for variables measured for geographical units over time. It combines a series of statistical graphics and mapping views together with some newly developed measures for space-time statistical analysis.
The views support several types of dynamic visualization:
- Linking different views to examine a given observation across different dimensions (spatial, temporal, distributional)
- Conditioning (brushing) one or more destination views on the selection of a set of observations on an origin view
- Animations of of maps, distributions, box plots, scatter plots, parallel coordinate plots and other views over time
- Spatial traveling
- Roaming windows
- View generated views (creating new views from existing views)
STARS includes a suite of computational modules:
- Classic descriptive statistics
- Exploratory Spatial Data Analysis (Local and Global Spatial Autocorrelation)
- Inequality Analysis
- Distributional mixing and mobility
- Classic Markov and Spatial Markov methods
STARS also includes utility methods for creating different types of geographical weight matrices, variable transformations, and for reading ArcView shapefiles to develop STARS projects.
Bug fix in ProjectMaker Application
Bug fix in example project data (California).
STARS 0.7.2a search tags