Makarra 1.0b3 reviewDownload
Makarra is the ultimate font manager for the apple macintosh.
Makarra is the ultimate font manager for the apple macintosh. Basically, an app written in applescript studio, which may be useful (and cheap) to manage your fonts.
In Makarra's jargon, "forever" means "the font is in your user fonts folder, so the font will be active this session, and the next, and the next, until you remove it from there". And "temporary" means "font is not copied nowhere, and it will remain active only until you restart or logout or reboot or...".
If you open Makarra, you'll se three lists:
- User Fonts: fonts at your user folder. If you drop files/folders here, all fonts will be copied there.
- Temporary Fonts: fonts active only the current session. These fonts are activated on-the-fly and will be deactivated next time you log-out/restart.
- Deactivated Fonts: here are stored file paths of every font file you've deactivated. You can activate them again.
Also, you'll find some buttons:
- Add... (near to User Fonts): click to choose font to activate "forever".
- Deactivate (near to User Fonts): click to deactivate selected font/s.
- Manage Inactive: When you deactivate a User Font, this is moved to a folder called "deleted fonts", located at Makarra's folder. You can re-activate these fonts.
- Add... (near to Temporary Fonts): click to choose font to activate until next session.
- Deactivate (near to Temporary Fonts): click to deactivate selected font/s. These items go down to "Deactivated Fonts", where you can activate them again.
- Activate Temporary: self-explaining.
- Activate Forever: self-explaining (to User Fonts).
- Remove: from database.
Kanzu's "Extra Suites" (http://www.kanzu.com/).
Makarra 1.0b3 keywords